L.B. Brooks Library at Norfolk State University
- Architect of Record: Mosleys
- Library Architect: Tappé Architects
- Design Architect: Portman
Tappe teamed with Moseley Architects and Portman Architects to design the new Norfolk State University library. Tappe was responsible for library planning, interior design, and furnishings for this 134,000 sqft student-focused facility situated at the heart of campus.
The project features:
- 24/7 Internet cafe
- 25 Collaborative Study Rooms
- African Art Museum
- Shelving for 600,000 print volumes
To keep up with changing service models, the furnishings are flexible, including easily reconfigurable carrels, mobile help, and reference desks.