The Future of Library Design
Harvard Graduate School of Design
Date: August 10,11,12, 2022
Location: Harvard University Campus
Tuition: $1,800 (before June 15, then $2,000)
Explore emerging models and evolving changes in library environments and how changes in service and information technology influence library facility design. Intended for architects and librarians, library staff, and trustees, this comprehensive course examines the role of the physical library in the changing post-COVID world.
Architects, Interior Designers, Contractors, Urban Planners, Librarians, Library Staff, and Library Trustees/Commissioners
- Interpret emerging trends in library design and library interiors.
- Recognize the impact of new developments in information technology and equipment.
- Understanding of the process of working with library consultants, architects, and contractors.
- Learn in-depth on library programming and planning considerations; space planning standards; program functional adjacencies, synergies, and library zoning..
- .Apply sustainable design strategies and biophilic principles for libraries.
Jeffery Hoover, AIA
Principal, Tappé Architects
CEO, Calgary Public Library
Director, Cecil County Public Library System
Deputy Director EveryLibrary Institute
Principal, NV5 Engineering & Technology
Biophilic Design Guru at Terrapin Bright Green
Director of the Forrer Learning Commons, Bridgewater College
Director of Capital Planning and Construction, DC Public Library